Thursday, November 8, 2007

Remember that time we were in a Car Accident, and then I Woke Up?

Two weeks ago, I was in a car accident. Luckily, not my car. My friend was driving in the rain and it started hydroplaning. We don't know whether the car is totaled or not, but both of us had a little whiplash the next day.

That being said, last night, before I went to bed, my neck kind of kinked up. Maybe I turned it weird or something, but I figured it wouldn't bother me much.

I went to bed, and somewhere during my dream, I was a passenger in a car with a friend (I don't really know who). I think it was Elisha's car because it was purple, but she wasn't the one driving it. My friend and I were driving at night, and everyone else who was driving at night was doing tricks. You know at those contests where the people flip their bikes and other vehicular possibilities? Well apparently, we were doing that with cars. My friend hits a hill at the left of her car and we start flipping (sideways, not forwards), heading towards a tunnel over a dirt road. The person next to me says (with a smile) "he better not get us in a car crash," like flipping a car is no big deal. "He," apparently, got in the way of another car earlier that night and it went ka-boom. When we flipped, he was coming in our direction, but not in the way. There was, however, another car going through the tunnel as we were, but we were in the air (upside down) and luckily didn't hit them.

Here's my attempt of the setting in a paint sketch:
The point of describing this dream is that, during the flipping, I felt my head whip around, and I mean, I felt it. In reality, it felt like my neck did after the real car accident.

Somehow, in the dream, we landed on a side road, just barely having the car straighten out again. Weird how dreams are. And they always change throughout...

Anyway, when I woke up, I felt like I had minor whiplash. I'm assuming that my neck hurts because of the way I turned it last night. And I'm just gonna guess that the dream was a juxtaposition of the recent real car accident and a way for my subconscious to explain my neck pain. I hypothesis that the "real pain" I felt during the flip/dream was some kind of phenomenon. I don't think I really hurt myself in my sleep.


I mean, what is there to harm me? Those pillows, they're dangerous, man.

2 comments:

Green Panda said...

I'm glad those pillows didn't really hurt you :) You might want to put some heat on your muscles to relax them.

Anonymous said...

Good thing it was just a dream. But oh, good to know you were ok on the real accident. ^_^