Wednesday, November 7, 2007

How can we fund a war when we can't fund a... war?

It doesn't make any sense. Our current administration must have some kind of filter to their brains that doesn't let "logic" in.
The Iraq War (why are we there again?) is underfunded and troops are over stretched. When we can't afford to be in one war, why want to start more conflict?

My social studies teacher told me, in my senior year of high school, that soon enough, they'll want to go to war with Iran. At the time, I thought it was absurd. But the more he brought it up, the less absurd it became.
Remember when we were at war with Afghanistan? And then all of a sudden BAM we're at war with Iraq. They got that one wrong. If they wanted to carry that out quickly, they should of had four times as many soldiers to begin with who would do a sweep of the country.

Why doesn't Bush W learn? From anyone? His own father, flesh of his flesh, blood of his blood, knew that staying in Iraq during that first Persian Gulf War wasn't a good idea. With a country of that magnitude, how do we expect to stay in control?


If you think about "A War on Terror," it's actually an oxymoron. You can't fight to end terror, it just doesn't make sense. Thus,
we are the terrorists.
Why does the USA have to get in everybody's business? Hussein was not a direct threat to the US,

but I think Bush just may be...


I know, bold statements, but I tend to be that way. I mean no offense to the American people and DEFINITELY not the soldiers. We learned in Vietnam that the soldiers are not the ones to blame.

If you didn't see those numbers on the link I gave you, you should check it out. I know all this money isn't coming from Bill Gates. It's coming from the overtaxed, underpaid, over deserving working middle class. People like you and me. I saw a commercial for Barack Obama last night, and he seems to
get that concept that taxes are all wrongly distributed and whatnot. His phrase, which I liked very much, was something like "the middle class is treading water."
It sounds much more powerful the way he says it.

Anyway, to wrap this thing up: America, give peace a chance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well said, you have done your homework. I have seen video of Cheney saying that occupation of Iraq after the Iraq War 1 was impossible.

Its funny how times change. But what can you do you know?

Here is just a little bit of advice and I hope you think that I am not nitpicking.

I would add a space in between paragraphs. It would really improve readability (I'm not sure how readable my blog is really)but it would definitely help you.

You have strong content and adding accessibility would make it even stronger

greeneyes said...

Thanks for the advice.
I will do by your words and go edit my posts.
I'm really excited for my first comment(s) so thanks for that too!