Saturday, November 3, 2007

Do you believe in ghosts?

I'm not sure if I do or don't. I've had two experiences I can't deny.

One was when the drop down cupboard things in my closet started swinging back and forth with no provocation.


The other time was when I was in my grandma's condo and there was this floating sound that kept changing. It actually woke me up. First it sounded like a telephone and then as it came up the stairs towards my room, it turned into clicks. This experience was pretty long. I was NOT about to get out of the bed, but somehow I could, like, communicate with it. You probably think I'm crazy, but I remember checking to make sure I was awake. And after it went away, I did go to the bathroom, and if I did that in my sleep, I would've pissed the bed.


So it's weird to think about because that must mean there is something after death, right? I'm not a religious person, so I don't really have any idea what happens after death, as does anyone. But maybe ghosts prove there is a god. and a heaven. and a limbo.


Alternatively, it could just mean that the energy from our brains stays together as a spirit and just lingers around the earth. I learned in physics that energy is not wasted, just transferred.


But maybe, just maybe, ghosts don't exist. I think that's one of our biggest unsolved mysteries, along with how the universe came about and what's REALLY out there.


And if ghosts don't exist, then that means that I must be crazy. But logically, I can't be, because crazy people don't realize that they are crazy.


So, the question of the night: do YOU believe in ghosts?

No comments: