Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm gonna marry Tyson Ritter

Pfth. I wish.

The lead singer of my favorite band and I am absolutely IN LOVE with his voice. All-American Rejects' second album is infinitely better than the first. It has better quality, a different tone, great music. I just love it. Of course I bought this like two years ago, but what made me think about it was one of their songs came up on my iPod as I was driving home from school.

"Kiss Yourself Goodbye." This, I believe, is one of their best songs and it is not even on a cd. I'm so glad I found it though. Another song where Tyson's vocals really impressed me was the sensual and seductive "Dance Inside."

When I first got "Move Along" (the album, not the single song) I listened to it CONSTANTLY. I drove a lot so I had a lot of time to listen to it. 15 minutes to school and back in each direction. I would also drive to friends' houses in distant towns. I would just have it on repeat and would listen to it every day.

I love the fact that I'm not a crazy obsessed fan who knows everything about everyone in the band. I couldn't tell you a single thing about any of them. Except that I know the lead singer's name and that he plays bass.

And is totally my type.


Gorgeous, right? Not to sound school-girlish or anything... So anyway, I have been listening to these guys since 8th grade and my how they've grown. Like I said, second album: way better than first. And this is one of the only bands that I would actually support by not just downloading the songs, but going out and buying the actual album. With a plastic case. And artwork.

Remember those? cds? It's been awhile. The only other artist I do this for is DMX. I just noticed a pattern between these two singers. I absolutely love their voices and they are quite unique.

And they pretty much turn me on. I highly suggest if you've never listened to an All-American Rejects song, DO IT. Do it now. You'll see what I mean.

Maybe someday I'll talk about DMX. I don't even remember why I started buying his stuff. But I'm glad I did.

So if I can't marry Ashton Kutcher and I can't marry Clark Kent (aka Tom Welling), then I'm going after Tyson :)

No comments: