Saturday, March 22, 2008

I spilled Gingerale on my lover and it broke :( PART 1

Hi there. Remember me? It's been QUITE a while.

Here's my story.


I bought my wonderful beautiful laptop in, well, June. Apparently, it wasn't even supposed to be on the market yet, because Sony had not even made these models yet, and seeing that mine was custom made would take some more time.

When I finally got it (Over a month later), it was love at first site. "Cosmopolitan Pink," was my color of choice. Seems to match my phone. ANYWAY... My family/house finally got high speed internet at the end of July so I was all wired up. Or in this case, wireless. Ha. Get it?



La la skip months later to January...

After New Years, I got sick. I still don't know with what.

Here's the setup:
My computer is on the floor, upside down because I'm paranoid of it overheating. It is next to my bedside table. I will forever be mad at myself for a) having it upside-down and b) NOT having it on the table.
Setup 2:
An empty BOTTLE of gingerale sits behind an ALMOST empty GLASS of gingerale.

Okay, so you know when you are sick and you get a feverish sort of high? Yeah, so I'm walking around in a daze when I see the bottle and decide to clean up a little bit. I guess instead of
lifting the bottle, I lifted and pulled the bottle, unknowingly knocking the glass over.

I didn't even notice at first because I didn't feel the bottle against the glass. It's as if the glass wanted to fall over. So after I hear the glass spill, I immediately jump into action! The first thing I do? Curse, of course. That is so me. I should probably learn to not do that so much.

Then I find some paper towels laying very conveniently around that exact area and clean up the mess on the rug. Then pick up the glass, noticing that there is still quite a bit of the almost nothing gingerale in it. It finally occurs to me that I should PROBABLY wipe of the laptop.

Pretty simple stuff. After wiping down the bottom, I opened the laptop which brought up the screen: good sign! it still works!

But I want to take precautions. I don't want to electrocute myself so I unplug it, then quickly shut it down. I take q-tips to inside slots and clean EVERYTHING as best as I can. I put the laptop right side up on my bed hoping that gravity will do it's job proposed by newton and force the droplets to fall onto the bed where it would soak up and or evaporate as opposed to just sitting there, keeping other drops from coming on down.

I guess that didn't work out like I wanted it. Later that night, I grab my lovely and bring it downstairs to the living room where my sister and her hunny bun (Mike) are.

I was setting it up, thinking I'm about to play one of those hidden object games that I'm currently addicted to thanks to my sister. I might suggest that those are a GREAT way to procrastinate.

I wish there was a job in procrastination. I would make millions. I would be the Trump of procrastinators. I'm great at it, and I'm great at getting other people to do it.

I should figure out a way to make that work for me....

...anyway. My sister wants to know what that smell is. "What smell?" Comes out of my mouth.

"Something smells like it's burning..."

After many moments of sniffing around, I narrow down this funny smell to the back of my computer. I bring it to my sister and stick it in her face.
"Is this what you were smelling?"

"Yeah that is definitely it."

Normally this is where I would write quotes with many provocative and offensive words inside, but this site frowns upon that, so I'm just going to assume that you get my point about what I said.

I tell my sister what happened and that I thought it was going to be fine, etc, etc. Then I realize I'm in deep doo-doo.

I go to the laptop in the kitchen, because, for some reason, we have like 20 million all over the house via my dad's work and my family's ability to break them down. So I look up all this stuff about what I can do and if I really am in trouble.

I also highly recommend this: If ever you are looking for information online, use FORUMS! They are the only thing that has honest comments and opinions not edited by websites and whatnot.

They say I should TAKE OUT THE BATTERY IMMEDIATELY! Luckily I did that when I was talking to my sister. I ultimately found more liquid in the cave-thing where the battery goes. So the forums say that I should have down that right away because even if the laptop is shut down, there can still be energy and stuff running through and processes going on that you don't know about.

*This is something EVERYONE should know. I mean there are certain things that every computer user just knows to do, or not do. Like not to spill on the computer. Bad news. Or not to sniff the compressed air/keyboard cleaner. Or simpler things like plug it in when the battery is low.

I wish I could tell the world to take their batteries out. That is just something sensible that everyone should know. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't the case where it was just ME who didn't know. I'm pretty tech-savvy. I mean I did build this little baby.

Getting back to the point, I realize I have to call the tech guys and see what I can do.

(This is PART ONE of the story. To read about my tech support experience and how the guy didn't know what gingerale was, stay tuned for PART TWO! -- I figured this post was getting long enough and that I needed to stop typing and get to not failing my English class. From last semester.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats a funny story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahhhhahaha.soo where can i get part 2?