Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Brighter Future, Literally

Wow. It's been a month? Time sure flies when you're busy. Let's see... I had tons of homework/finals/projects to prepare for, was sick for 3 weeks, 1 of which I spent in and out of the hospital trying to figure out what was wrong with me. They ultimately decided, "let's just say you have the flu and hope you get better soon. If you don't, you'll get a cat scan.

That first week I stayed home from school which sucked because it was the second to last week. So even though I still felt terrible the second week, I HAD to make it to school, it was the last week AND I was leaving early to go to DISNEY!!!!

I think I stopped being sick 2 or 3 days into my vacation. Before I left, I was trying to figure out what to do with my life. I thought I might move somewhere ANYWHERE in the continental US and get a job doing something fun. Now I know EXACTLY what I want to do for the next year. PLUS, if I get a full time job in merchandising, I can get affordable health insurance.

I'm moving to Orlando, baby!

That's not for certain, of course. I don't actually HAVE a job at Disney, yet, but I'm doing muchos research to figure out the best way to go about starting the process.

So even if I AM pasty white and have to wear spf abagizillion every day, I think it would be so much fun to live in Florida and work for Mickey giving guests the "Disney experience" that I got while I was there. I must admit, it really was the PEOPLE who made the greatest difference down there. I am just so excited to get away from this place and do something new. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut.

1 comment:

DEYDREEM said...

you made a comment on my disney blog about wanting to work there. Call 407-824-2222(that's the main wdw operator) ask for the Casting office. THey will tell you all about getting a job at the Rat Trap. . .i mean disney.
p.s. how did you find my blog 'Life With a Five Foot Mouse'? I'm trying to figure out the best way to draw traffic to it.